Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 34

Tuesday

Tuesday was my last day in the hospital! We tried to get everyone arranged and situated. Linda helped get some of that organized. I followed the pediatrician again, who also was a wonderful person to learn from. She was good at explaining things so that I understood, so I actually didn't have a translator that day. There weren't very many patients, so we went through a book and she was teaching me about Upper Respiratory Tract Infections. It was pretty cool.

I needed to fill out an evaluation but Linda had forgotten them, so we started doing it verbally. But there was a lot going on, so I ended up just getting paper from her and heading back to the guesthouse to pack. It was rather depressing and one of my hardest things to do while I was there. It seemed like I had just arrived and made the bed... and now I had to get it ready to leave for someone else. It's amazing how 5 weeks flew by!

I got enough stuff together after lunch that I decided to go one last time to the baby orphanage! I got to go there 4 or 5 times while I was there and it was hard to see them all again, knowing it was the last time. This one little girl looks like Dora the Explorer incarnate, so I have no idea what her name is but I call her Dora. Rudy wasn't very happy while I was there, but he's still one of my favorites. And of course, we all loved taking care of the little babies! They are just precious!

We headed back and had devotions, once again, around the campfire. We did praise & worship, had a little presentation from Jeff & Matt about Spiritual Health and how to address it with our patients, and then we had s'mores. We sang a little more and then headed back inside. It was a lovely night and didn't last too late since we had to get up early the next morning.

No comments: