Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 33

Monday

Because it was my last week in Bolivia, I was to be in the hospital. I gave the new volunteers the grand tour of the hospital, and then we tried to figure out where everyone could go to observe patients. Unfortunately, the power was out in the hospital, so we had to wait around a little bit. It did come back on, and I was able to go into the ophthamologist's office again. He is excellent at teaching and I really enjoyed my time with him. He had me check blood pressure for one guy who had diabetes & high blood pressure. I was actually able to communicate with the physicians better than in an average conversation in Spanish, because I am familiar with the medical terms and they are basically the same in Spanish. So, that was an advantage to experiencing that.

Came back for lunch after the morning at the hospital. In the afternoon, we played Wallyball one more time, and my last time. When we got back, the rest of the group had a meeting about going to Tunari... the mountain nearby that can be climbed. Everyone was really excited about it and they went on the Friday after I left. I was sad to have missed it! The rest of the night was pretty relaxing.

No comments: