Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 32

Sunday

Sunday morning we went to church as usual. Then we went to lunch at Sole mio, an Italian place that I had been told was good by Emily and Tim. Tim & his parents came along with us for lunch too! It was delicious! Ava & I split a big veggie pizza that had peppers, asparagus, eggplant, mushrooms and tomato. Mmmmmmmm. Then since we split the food, we had enough for dessert. We each got one, so I got chocolate pudding and she got tiramisu. They were both absolutely amazing. We were so content after eating there. It was a cute little place and fun!

After lunch we crossed the street to go shopping at the supermarket. We were invited to go back to the youth group again, and I thought I would since it was my last time there. A few others went too... the rest decided to work on the CDI stuff for Monday. So they finished shopping and went back to the house, as we left and went to drop of Ester, pick up Misael (spelling?) and head to the church. There weren't nearly as many kids at youth group this time. But we had so much fun! We played a ton of games that were all really fun and nothing I ever played when I was in youth group. The funniest game was definitely the one called "Kiss the doll" and we had to kiss this baby doll and pass the doll to the next person in the circle. We had to remember where we kissed it. Then once we finished doing that. We were told we had to kiss the person next to us in the place where we kissed the baby. All of us who are Americans were in shock, and couldn't believe this was a real youth group game! You could never do that in the States! But it was pretty funny.

After youth group, Matt, Abby & I talked to Raul, the missionary who helps run the youth group with Tomas & Iris. He has an amazing heart for missions and it was very inspiring to listen to him share what he has learned in the past year. He will be moving his family to Panama next year, God willing. It was wonderful to be challenged in such a way. The more he talked about it, the more I could see myself pursuing missions long-term once I am older. Only God knows!

I also got some pictures with some of the people from youth group who I got to know pretty well while I was there. After cleaning things up a bit we headed home.

No comments: